I’ve waited six seasons for the narrow world of the “chattering class" to catch up to the Frederator/CN production of Pendleton Ward's Adventure Time. And though our friends at Cartoon Network appreciated the show enough to put it on their network, they never really understood that AT is, frame for frame, one of the truly great shows on television.
Of course I’m biased, and a complete soft touch, but which of the “big” modern dramas accomplishes their depth without having a completely unredeemable hero. Adventure Time is easily the equal of Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Justified, and the others, but Finn, its star, is a kind, generous, happy man/boy. Just like his creator.
Emily Nussbaum in today’s New Yorker totally understands what you already know: “It’s beautiful and funny and stupid and smart, in about equal parts, as well as willing to explore uneasy existential questions, like what it means to go on when the story you’re in has ended.”
Read it, nod your head, and please pass it on to all those people who look at you blankly.
BY EMILY NUSSBAUM
11:51 am • 20 April 2014 • 4,024 notes
Shoutout to the low-key people. People who don’t have to be the center of attention ALL the time. People who stay in their lane and minds their own business. People who’s circle is smaller than a Cheerio and they wouldn’t have it any other way. I see you…
11:47 am • 20 April 2014 • 5,269 notes
“Life is too short for shitty sex and bad relationships.
So go find someone who fucks you right and treats you how you deserve to be treated.”
— (via doses-and-mimosas)
11:39 am • 20 April 2014 • 355,508 notes
“Do not get so lost within the illusions of life to the point where you’ll start forgetting that the hardships will help you rise, and lead you to where you need to be.”
— Awakened Vibrations (via awakenedvibrations)
11:39 am • 20 April 2014 • 330 notes
Anonymous asked: should i be using condoms or birth control to prevent pregnancy?
11:39 am • 20 April 2014 • 6,639 notes
Game night with the nieces! #guillotine #forbiddenisland #tsuro #munchkin #hive #spotit #zombiedice #gamenight #familytime #boardgames #me #personal #funtimes #goodtimes
9:02 pm • 19 April 2014
Quick comeback and I won with 5 brains (13 total) #zombiedice #gamenight #familytime #boardgames #me #personal #comeback
8:28 pm • 19 April 2014
Damn it! On the first roll! #zombiedice #gunshots #tothehead #playingwiththelilniece #waitingfortheelder #me #personal #gamenight
8:09 pm • 19 April 2014
Send me a number and I’ll tell you my unpopular opinion.
1. A selection of television programs you do not care for.
2. A selection of musical artists you do not care for.
3. A selection of celebrities you couldn’t care less about.
4. A hobby you “don’t get”.
5. A habit you find disgusting.
6. Something in school you really liked doing that everyone else bitched over.
7. Your favorite household chore.
8. Popular video games that make you go “meh”.
9. PC or MAC?
10. A sport you don’t like, for whatever reason.
11. A sport you really like, for whatever reason.
12. Television programs you love but have gotten shit for liking.
13. Musical artists you love but have gotten shit for liking.
14. A hobby you have/find interesting that other people bother you over/make fun of.
15. A habit you have that other people bug you over.
16. Something in school you hating doing and it felt like everyone else loved.
17. The household chore that makes you want to shoot your own face off.
18. A selection of video games that you enjoy that perhaps you really shouldn’t.
19. A celebrity crush that maybe even you don’t understand.
20. Free rant on whatever you want.
12:26 pm • 19 April 2014 • 201,810 notes
i actually have no idea what to think of this so im just gonna move on
I heard that rapists and child molesters are like the most hated in prison
People in prison hate two kinds of people. Rapists and child molesters. This was Brasil. It also happens in the U.S.A. It just doesn’t get reported because it happens alot.
Yes they are
Number one rule never sent to prison for rape/molestation a women or child
They let him off to easliy if u ask me
(Source: kelvinabram, via elamebenes)
12:12 pm • 19 April 2014 • 6,214 notes
so my boyfriend and I tried roleplaying the other day and we did the whole “professor and bad student who needs to pass” thing, only he wanted to be the professor, so I had to be the horny and failing student. I’m the valedictorian of my senior class of 400 and I have a horrible phobia of flunking, so when he whispered “you’re failing my class, you naughty girl” in my ear, I started crying and we had to stop
12:09 pm • 19 April 2014 • 140,201 notes